Owners' Review

Choose a different review

Vauxhall Astra Hatchback 1.8 16V SXi 3d (AC) (2001/X)

Vauxhall Astra Hatchback 1.8 16V SXi 3d (AC) (2001/X) - Owner Review

Sports suspension gives a firm but comfortable ride. Suffers from a minor amount of roll around tight corners but this is mainly speed induced!
4

Want to know everything there is to know about this car? Then click on a link to see other car buying advice and help including car reviewscar valuations and cars for sale.

Review submitted by
Anonymous on

Vauxhall Astra Hatchback (98-05)

Value

5 out of 5

I bought this as a 'nearly new' car - 6 months old with 10k and saved £4.5k.

Costs

5 out of 5

No costs incurred - still under warranty.

Driving

4 out of 5

Sports suspension gives a firm but comfortable ride. Suffers from a minor amount of roll around tight corners but this is mainly speed induced!

Performance

5 out of 5

This model has the new 125 bhp engine and pulls wells at all speeds. The lack of traction control does give rise to wheel spin in 1st and 2nd.

Reliability

5 out of 5

No problems at all, engine fires within a second or so every time. All body panels fit perfectly with even gaps. The interior is well built with no squeaks or rattles - unlike the Ford Focus.

Image

3 out of 5

Seen to be middle-of-the-road by other drivers - until you leave them standing at the lights!

Comfort

3 out of 5

Sports seats keep you in place. Plenty of adjustment on both steering wheel and seat. Could have a few more gadgets though.

Get an Insurance Quote

We've gathered the biggest companies on the market in one place to save you money.

Insurance group: 15

Security

3 out of 5

Deadlocks are good - only working if the driver's door is shut last - stops you locking anyone in. An alarm wouldn't go amiss - not that anyone takes any notice of them though.

Service

5 out of 5

Vauxhall are good at sorting out problems. I used to have a Vectra and they fixed a few problems even though it was two years out of warranty. They paid 90% of the cost and me the other 10%.

Problems

Bodywork
-

Engine
-

Gearbox
-

Other
-

Ownership

Did you buy the car new?
No

Would you buy the same model again?
Yes

Did you buy from the same manufacturer again?
No